Grilled Tandoori Chicken Thighs
Grill the marinated chicken on medium-high for tenderness inside, while preserving a char on the outside. The spices in the marinade are what really give this dish its unique flavor.
Break out the grill for our version of the traditional Indian dish of tandoori chicken. There’s certainly a lot of history that comes with chicken prepared in this manner (just Google it), but we’ll keep it simple. And give a little twist, since most of us don’t have clay pots readily available for authentic tandoori cooking.
So, instead, we’ll grill the marinated chicken on medium-high for tenderness inside, while preserving a char on the outside. The spices in the marinade are what really give this tandoori chicken its unique flavor.
We like to serve this tandoori chicken with black rice and steamed vegetables. Or, if you're trying to keep straight paleo, just skip the rice and double up on your favorite veggies.
Recipe Notes: Serves 4. Primal, with the option of skipping the rice to make it Paleo and Whole30.
Prep Time: 15 min / Cook Time: 15 min / Total Time: 30 minutes
GRILLED TANDOORI CHICKEN THIGHS
- 2 lbs boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro and lime wedges for garnish
- Heat a saute pan on medium then add garam masala, paprika, cumin, turmeric, and coriander. Toast while shaking the pan back and forth for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- In a large mixing bowl, add chicken, coconut milk, lime juice, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and toasted spices.
- Toss to coat and marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Shake excess marinade off of chicken and place on grill.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes per side forming some char until chicken is cooked through and internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit is achieved.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and lime wedges.