Ranchero Chicken and Eggs Recipe
Our take on Huevos Rancheros, this recipe combines fluffy eggs with chicken, veggies, and spices into an explosion of flavor and texture.
Mornings can be hard. What makes them better? Combining delicious, fluffy eggs with chicken, veggies, and spices to create an (easy-to-make) explosion of flavor and texture. Please, meet our ranchero chicken and eggs!
This ranchero chicken and egg recipe is my unique take on huevos rancheros. I use scrambled eggs instead of a fried egg. This is perfect for people who don’t like runny yolks or prefer the texture of scrambled eggs. (It’s also way easier when you’re not quite awake yet.)
Recipe Notes: Serves 4. Paleo-friendly.
Prep Time: 10 min / Cook Time: 10 min / Total Time: 20 min
RANCHERO CHICKEN AND EGGS
- 1 lb organic chicken thighs
- 5 oz organic crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp avocado oil separated
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- In a large skillet on medium to high heat, add 1 tbsp avocado oil and sear the chicken thighs. Salt and pepper each side of the chicken. Cook for 5-6 minutes each side.
- Remove the thighs and slice the meat from the bone.
- Combine cooked meat with crushed tomatoes and onions. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk together.
- Add 1 tbsp of avocado oil to a separate skillet on medium heat and add the whisked eggs to skillet. Cook until scrambled.
- Serve eggs with chicken thigh, tomato, and onion mixture.
- Top with cilantro and enjoy!