What We're Doing to Navigate COVID-19
What We Are Doing to Navigate COVID-19
At The Good Kitchen, customer and employee health and safety are our top priorities. We continue to monitor updates concerning COVID-19 and wanted to provide you an update.
The CDC and FDA both state that there is currently no evidence of food or food packaging being associated with transmission of COVID-19.
Our food production is USDA inspected. This inspection ensures that our production methods are effective in killing any pathogens that might make people ill. Sick individuals are not allowed to work in food production. The meal packaging is also specially designed to create a high heat, high humidity, high pressure environment when the meals are heated. This creates another "kill step" for any potential pathogens.
Additionally, we have extended safety measures to keep our team members safe and healthy:
• We are hosting team meetings at our production facility to reinforce proper food safety measures.
• We have increased sanitation of all work surfaces and other high traffic areas.
• We have established protocol to take body temperature of all team members along with a brief health survey prior to shift start. Anyone presenting with symptoms of cough, sore throat, or/and fever of 100.4 will be returned home immediately.
• We will continue to monitor updates from both our local health officials and CDC.
• Additionally, the FDA recently announced that there have been no reports that suggest COVID-19 can be transmitted through food or food packaging. In general, because of poor survivability of coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from food products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient, refrigerated, or frozen temperatures.
Your health is important to us. It is the founding principle of our company. As such, we will continue monitoring the situation as it develops and make any additional changes to our service as necessary to maintain a safe product for our customers, as well as a safe workplace for our team members.
Take Care and Eat Well,
~ Amber & the TGK Team