Chili Lime Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Kale Recipe
When you combine the heat of chili, the citrus of lime, and the sweetness of potato — it’s like a flavor parade in your mouth.
This chili lime chicken is one of my favorite go-to dinner recipes. The marinade bath keeps the chicken moist and delicious. And when you combine the heat of the chili, the citrus of the lime, and the sweetness of the potato — it’s like a flavor parade in your mouth.
I add kale for a little bit of extra crunch and to boost the overall healthiness of this recipe. Try this chili lime chicken the next time you’re looking for something delicious and interesting. I’m sure it will become one of your favorites, too.
You can find the full recipe details in this video.
Recipe Notes: Serves 4. Paleo friendly.
CHILI LIME CHICKEN WITH SWEET POTATOES & KALE
Chili Lime Chicken and Marinade:
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp jalapeno diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic diced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1.5 lbs chicken thighs organic pasture-raised
Sweet Potatoes and Kale:
- 4 cups sweet potato chopped
- 2 cups raw kale
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add chicken and all marinade ingredients. Stir together and marinate in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- While the meat is marinating, prepare the sweet potatoes and kale. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into large chunks. Wash, de-stem, and chop the kale.
- Roast the sweet potatoes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the sweet potatoes to a large pot and mash them down with a potato masher (or your preferred tool).
- Saute the kale in the avocado oil and garlic on medium heat until kale is cooked down.
- Stir the kale into the sweet potato mash. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- While the mash continues to cook down, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken in the skillet and cook for about 7-8 minutes. Flip and cook another 7-8 minutes. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Slice the chicken and serve with the sweet potatoes and kale