Low Carb Chaffle Sandwich Recipe
Learn about chaffles. Then how to make them. And make them into a sandwich.
NO, it doesn't have chocolate. That could be interesting though...
Anyway, Amber stumbled on this idea and took a shot at creating chaffles last Saturday. It was so good, she tweaked her approach and made it again on Sunday morning. With a(nother) twist: Make two and put sliced tomato between for a Chaffle Sandwich.
Back up though... what IS a chaffle? Think waffle, but low carb (keto). Made with cheese and eggs in a waffle maker. Then just experiment with other elements, spices, and flavors. Amber used the Dash Mini Waffle Maker, which makes small individual round waffles. Perfect for making that chaffle sammich!
Recipe Notes: Makes 4-5 'mini' waffles.
Prep Time: 10 min / Cook Time: 10 minutes / Total Time: 20 min
- 10 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 pieces chopped bacon
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 heaping tbsp spoon of Birch Benders paleo pancake mix (can sub for gf flour or mix of preference)
- 2 eggs
- 2 small or 1 large thinly sliced tomato
- Salt and pepper to taste (I did like 2 turns on my salt grinder and lots of pepper)
- Preheat waffle iron. I used the Dash Mini Waffle Maker. Makes small individual round waffles.
- In a food processor add the egg, mozzarella cheese, oregano, pancake mix and salt and pepper. Pulse mixture until blended. Should only take a few turns. Add bacon and pulse until bacon evenly distributed in mixture.
- Add 1 tbsp of Parmesan on bottom of waffle maker. 1 heaping tablespoon of waffle mixture and 1 tbsp of Parmesan on top. Close waffle maker and cook until golden brown. Repeat until all mixture is used. Should make about 5 mini waffles.
- Add mayo to one side of a waffle. Add sliced tomato, additional salt and pepper. Add 2nd waffle on top and you got yourself a chaffle tomato sammie.
Written By: Carter Lewis
Picking a meal delivery service is challenging with so many br...
Not all meal delivery kits are equal. Learn how to identify th...